The IST Clinic is a primary care clinic and provides an extensive range of services.
In case certain services fall within a special interest area of one or more of the clinic practitioners, this is indicated as well.
24 hour emergency service
One of the medical practitioners can be reached during 24 hours on the clinic emergency line 0754-783393 and there is always a nurse present at the IST Clinic itself, so that patients can go directly to the clinic.
Besides general consultation hours, the IST Clinic has a number of specific services:
• Ante natal clinic (Belia Klaassen, MD)
• Baby clinic (Belia Klaassen, MD and Zyleen Kassamali MD))
• Gynecological examinations (Belia Klaassen and Zyleen Kassamali MD))
• Counseling services (Ype Smit, MD)
• Full medical physical examinations
• House calls can be made at special request
The IST Clinic does not employ psychotherapists but can assist in referral to local psychotherapists or to a reputable internet based psychotherapy service.
All recommended vaccinations for infants and travelers can be obtained at the clinic
• Ultrasound examinations obstetric & gynecological (Belia Klaassen, MD)
• ENT assessment by tympanogram and hearing test (Ype Smit, MD)
Laboratory and pathology
The IST Clinic has a well equipped laboratory. Most tests can be done at the clinic itself. Otherwise the sample will be brought to a reliable laboratory in or outside Tanzania.
First Aid services
Basic first aid such as wound suturing, wound care and simple fracture reduction and fixation can be done at the IST Clinic. In case of a trauma of a more serious nature assistance is given in arranging for referral and medical evacuation.